If saving the city isn’t enough, we’re looking for Heroes to serve the nation.
Our National Express drivers provide safe, reliable, and comfortable journeys across the UK, providing our valued passengers with the best quality travel experience through their friendly, superhero-like approach.
We’re looking for heroes who:
- Live within a 45-minute commuting distance of our Anlaby Road depot in Hull
- Who have an approachable, polite, and helpful attitude.
- Minimum age 21 and no more than 6 penalty points on your driving licence
Flying down the country roads can take a while, so those who apply should be prepared to work long shifts at a variety of locations across the UK, including regular weekend and bank holiday working.
Not driven buses or coaches before? Don’t worry, we’ve got our own award training academy. PCV licence holders with up-to-date CPC training are encouraged to sign up below.
Why choose East Yorkshire?
We can’t give you the power of flight, or x-ray vision, but we can provide:
- £12.50 per hour paid clock to clock
- Daily meal allowances
- Free bus travel on all Go-Ahead services for you, a nominee & up to two children (excluding London & TFL buses)
- Concessionary coach travel with National Express
- Stable, long-term employment at a competitive rate of pay
- Paid comprehensive training with experienced instructors
- An exciting career where every day is different
- Discounts and perks at shops, cinemas, and health clubs
- A great uniform fit for a hero
- Free eye tests and vouchers for prescription glasses
- Excellent holiday entitlement
Don’t worry, the hero-hiring process won’t involve and tests of strength or power, but it will involve a telephone interview and, if successful, an in-person interview will follow.
Not sure if this is your calling? Speak to our recruitment team by emailing [email protected] to find out more about the role.
We’re here to get everyone to where they want to be. Here at East Yorkshire, we want to be an employer that’s open to everyone and anyone, regardless of sex, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion, race, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other differences. We’re committed to making Team EY a safe, inclusive environment for everyone; that’s why we welcome applications from everyone, whatever your background.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us as soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Please note, in line with GDPR, your details will only be retained for a period of 6 months from application date and then deleted, unless advised otherwise.