Every Mind Matters
5 months ago
Now more than ever, Every Mind Matters.
All over the country we’re staying at home to protect the NHS and save lives.
We’ll all be experiencing highs and lows and it’s perfectly normal to miss loved ones, get frustrated, feel anxious or stressed.
There are things we can all do to look after our mental wellbeing at this time. Every Mind Matters can help get you started with your NHS online plan, showing you simple steps to help deal with stress, boost your mood and feel on top of things.
The NHS Every Mind Matters website provides simple tips and advice for you to look after your mental wellbeing during this time – visit www.everymindmatters.co.uk to get your free online personal Mind Plan.
Some NHS advice includes:
- Maintaining contact with friends and family via telephone and video calls, or social media.
- Keeping a regular routine and sleeping pattern.
- Looking after your body with indoor exercise.
- Talking about your worries – with friends or via a helpline/volunteer service.
- Staying on top of difficult feelings and try and manage unhelpful thoughts.
- Finding time to relax and trying out relaxation techniques.
- Focusing on a hobby or learning something new.
- It's important that you take care of your mind as well as your body and to get further support if you need it.
We look forward to travelling together with you again in days to come, but in the meantime, take care of yourself and stay safe.