If you can deliver super customer service and you’re looking for your next challenge, you could have what it takes to join the team.
We have full-time, part-time and seasonal vacancies for non PCV licence holders. You’ll be trained to our super standards at our award-winning in-house Training Academy.
You’ll be paid all the way through your training, and once you’ve passed your driving test, pay is £11.36 an hour, with overtime pay at £13.04 per week. Who said being a hero can’t pay the bills? Our bus drivers can average around £420+ per week.
What you’ll need to become a hero:
- Super communication and customer service skills
- A friendly and smart appearance
- A car driving licence with UK driving experience (you don’t need a PCV licence, we’ll teach you how to drive a bus)
- Flexibility to work shifts
Why choose East Yorkshire?
We can’t give you the power of flight, or x-ray vision, but we can provide:
- £11.36 an hour (rising to £12.50 an hour after you pass your driving test)
- Free bus travel on all Go-Ahead services for you, a nominee & up to two children (excluding London & TFL buses)
- Stable, long-term employment at a competitive rate of pay
- Paid comprehensive training with experienced instructors
- An exciting career where every day is different
- Discounts and perks at shops, cinemas and health clubs
- A great uniform fit for a hero
- Free eye tests and vouchers for prescription glasses
- Excellent holiday entitlement
Up for the challenge? Apply via our online application form and we’ll be in touch within two working days!
Already trained? We’re looking for experienced heroes just like you. Check out our Experienced Bus Driver vacancies by clicking here.
Don’t worry, the hero-hiring process won’t involve and tests of strength or power, but it will involve a telephone interview and, if successful, an in-person interview will follow.
Not sure if this is your calling? Speak to our recruitment team by emailing [email protected] to find out more about the role.
We’re here to get everyone to where they want to be. Here at East Yorkshire, we want to be an employer that’s open to everyone and anyone, regardless of sex, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion, race, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other differences. We’re committed to making Team EY a safe, inclusive environment for everyone; that’s why we welcome applications from everyone, whatever your background.